FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
By Griff
As the teams are coming out with their final Melbourne aerodynamic packages, Red Bull once again drew all the spots to itself with a new type of shark fin never seen before. While all previous versions could be considered an extension of the engine cover, the new one actually connects to the rear wing.
The element stretches up to the maximum height of the car, connecting the top of the airbox with the midpoint of the upper rear wing element. As such, the rear wing is effectively split in two halves and therefore even more efficient under yaw. The initial aim is only improved, and it's probably just a matter of time before others will show up with similar designs.

http://www.f1technical.net/development/228

What does everyone think of this idea?
By darwin dali
I'm just curious whether it'll catch on, which I guess depends on how fast Red Bull cars will be :hehe:
By Griff
I hope they do well this year just because the car is so radical even in the light of the rule changes. And of course because Vettel is driving one :D
By Jabberwocky
I did wonder why it was not done in the middle of last year, but just assumed that it was against a rule

See our F1 related articles too!