FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
No takers?

Another litle tidbit of info i just stumbled accross, from an interview with Aldo Costa: "This year we did reduce the gap to Red Bull," Costa told La Repubblica. "What we have done is revolutionise our working methods and this meant a period of adjustment. And we paid for having a wind tunnel that was a bit dated. But now we have solved the problem and begun a new era."

This suggests to me that Ferrari either built a new tunnel or upgraded theirs during the course of the season. I do wonder just how much impact that had on their form, and whether it'll translate through to next season.
You and Spanky - birds of a feather flock together :P:twisted::rofl:

Ha, that would imply that i'm tifosi, which is incorrect.

It just so happens that this is the info i'm finding - rest assured that anything technical worth posting related to any team will be put up!

Sauber/Williams ftw :thumbup:
You and Spanky - birds of a feather flock together :P:twisted::rofl:

Ha, that would imply that i'm tifosi, which is incorrect.

It just so happens that this is the info i'm finding - rest assured that anything technical worth posting related to any team will be put up!

Sauber/Williams ftw :thumbup:

Knew that - just yanking your chain.

Sauber ftw - hey, Kobi is Autosport's official rookie of the year :thumbup:
...and rightly so. :yes:
I found this quite interesting, it goes into depth about every aspect of the updates Ferrari introduced onto their car this season - very insightful.

http://season_review_2010.ferrari.com/m ... ex.html#/1

It's interesting that they used a special Monza F-Duct and were the only team to do it and that Alonso was using the new brembo brakes and Massa wasn't.

And then in Spa Alonso strangely ran with the higher downforce rear wing and Massa with the lower downforce.

All this sneaky in season testing going on, even during the races. :hehe:

The F60/F10 comparison though is from the initial models and doesn't show the blown diffuser set up the F10 ultimately ended up with. Two completely different beasts by the end of their seasons.

See our F1 related articles too!