FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
Are you using Vista, by any chance?

Windows XP but I do remember that I had issues with Windows 7, which I did NOT voluntarily download, does that help? Once again I am experienceing no problems and that just baffles the poo out of me?? :confused:
Are you using Vista, by any chance?

Windows XP but I do remember that I had issues with Windows 7, which I did NOT voluntarily download, does that help? Once again I am experienceing no problems and that just baffles the poo out of me?? :confused:

Tex press clt+alt+del you should see "windows task manger" click on "processes" then sort by CPU Usage

send us a screenshot which you can get by pressing the prt scr key going to paint and pasting it.
sounds like the svchost virus.

google "svchost fix"

:rofl::rofl::rofl: WINDOZE! :P

Anyway, the clicking as others said before seems hardware related. My next puter will have an SSD! :thumbup:

Yeh because mac's don't get virues do they...oh wait. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::P

i havent had any anti virus software on mine. no issues.

google "svchost fix"

Anyway, the clicking as others said before seems hardware related. My next puter will have an SSD! :thumbup:

Yeh because mac's don't get virues do they...oh wait. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::P

Yeh i'm the same but if i sent you a file which had a mac virus on it you'd still get a virus right?

google "svchost fix"

Yeh i'm the same but if i sent you a file which had a mac virus on it you'd still get a virus right?

I dont wear protection so i am careful with who i share with.

google "svchost fix"

I dont wear protection so i am careful with who i share with.

:rofl:
Press the 'Windows' (>.<) key on your keyboard along with the R key and when the box pops up, type 'cmd' and hit enter. Then when the black box pops up, type 'chkdsk' and hit enter.

Just did that and recieved this message:

[b]'Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in 'read-only' mode' ?[/b]

It should give you an option to run "Chkdsk on on a next start-up" then you just reboot and let windows do its thing! In Windows it runs in READ ONLY mode because the disk is being used by the OS hence can't rearrange data and mark bad sectors.

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5097 <-- some help on running chkdsk from your Windows install CD if you have one.

google "svchost fix"

There are hardly any Mac viruses in the wild. Most that in some way affect Macs are macros carried over from Windoze and you'd have to punch in a password and actively install them. Others are web based, but again you usually have to actively install (and hence enter your password) some piece of malignant software that might pose as a 'required' codec to view some video and similar.
UAC works the same way on Vista and 7

Fact of the matter is there's no Mac Virus because hardly anyone uses a mac in comparison to Windows so theres bound to be more people trying to exploit it.

The Usage is something like 85% windows and 10% Mac 5% Other

Fact of the matter is there's no Mac Virus because hardly anyone uses a mac in comparison to Windows so theres bound to be more people trying to exploit it.

Yeah, and the Windoze market share has been eroded more and more in favor of OSX in the past years :P At this rate, especially stateside the Mac market share will be in the 20% in another 5 years.

Yeah, and the Windoze market share has been eroded more and more in favor of OSX in the past years :P At this rate, especially stateside the Mac market share will be in the 20% in another 5 years.

I doubt that unless Mac Releases a enterprise version and some servers.

I doubt that unless Mac Releases a enterprise version and some servers.

I actually wouldn't like a high market share anyway, the same as I don't want half the car on the roads be a BMW or Mercedes :P
Macs aren't so great; they may not be a target for virus writers but who needs virii when upgrading to Snow Leopard can destroy your user profile and all data in it ;):P:hehe:

There are always some dingbats who don't know what they're doing or should do before upgrading :P

See our F1 related articles too!