FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!
What sort of budget do you have? I have a Canon 450D with various lenses, however I think it's probably more than you want to spend? It is fab though - point and click away and you get fabulous shots, even for a total amateur like me.

The best bit is how quick it takes the photos - all my previous cameras have taken up to a second to actually 'take' the photo so I've got loads of half shots of things :banghead:
What sort of budget do you have? I have a Canon 450D with various lenses, however I think it's probably more than you want to spend? It is fab though - point and click away and you get fabulous shots, even for a total amateur like me.

The best bit is how quick it takes the photos - all my previous cameras have taken up to a second to actually 'take' the photo so I've got loads of half shots of things :banghead:

Around 700 pounds sterling, give or take...

Also I know on those types of cameras that there is a runner effect, so you click once and hold it so when the car drives past you are getting a frame by frame shot and looks fabulous. 8-):)
Around 700 pounds sterling, give or take...

Also I know on those types of cameras that there is a runner effect, so you click once and hold it so when the car drives past you are getting a frame by frame shot and looks fabulous. 8-):)

I can definitely recommend the 450D then! I've attached a couple of random images I've taken - they aren't full res as I've scaled them down so they don't hog all the bandwidth here. Scuse the fact they are a bit amateur...hopefully it will give you an idea of what the camera can do though :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The most important things on your equipment in order to take good pictures, is not the camera (of course, a good one will help). What you need to have is good lenses. But how to decide which one to get? It is a question of what kind of pictures you want to take. For sports I recommend tele-lenses (but then again, there are a lot to choose from)
as already said the lens is the important thing, I would also say that something with a massive zoom would help. I have a 10x zoom and to be honest that is not enough to get a decent shot without zooming into the picture afterwards.

Also if you are going for digital the delay between clicking and the picture being taken should be taken into account.
as already said the lens is the important thing, I would also say that something with a massive zoom would help. I have a 10x zoom and to be honest that is not enough to get a decent shot without zooming into the picture afterwards.

Also if you are going for digital the delay between clicking and the picture being taken should be taken into account.

Yes, of course! :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!