FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
By darwin dali
"The teams will have to learn how to use the tyres," Yasukawa, 56, added: "In '06 we tried hard to get the tyres to suit the cars, but the reverse will be true next year - the teams will have to work hard to get their cars to suit the tyres."

Bridgestone will supply a harder and slower tyre to all teams next year.

Gonna be interesting to watch how the teams cope. Will Ferrari still have an advantage due to their close collaboration in the past? How so? By asking Bridgestone to build the new spec tires to their liking? But that would require some private testing and how private could something like this remain?
By Selcouth_Feline
Heidfeld reckons that overtaking will be more difficult and it will mean there is less overtaking because "When you've got different tyres, it's more probable that the cars will take different turns at different speed".

I follow his logic, but I'm not sure it's going to make a huge difference. I think there will be slightly less overtaking but a fairly insignificant drop that won't be too noticeable (at least I hope not! :) )
By bud
Gonna be interesting to watch how the teams cope. Will Ferrari still have an advantage due to their close collaboration in the past? How so? By asking Bridgestone to build the new spec tires to their liking? But that would require some private testing and how private could something like this remain?

No doubt Bridgestone will cheat to help Ferrari its the Ferrari way of winning

See our F1 related articles too!