FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
Now that all the driver deals have been signed and sealed, the 2013 Forumula 1 Pool is ready to go, after the first race, results will appear on the home page at:

http://www.forumula1pool.com

Right now the page doesn't show any results as the first results are not in. You can submit your predictions at http://www.forumula1pool.com/predictions/ or send a PM to me (myownalias).

The full rules can be found below:

Forumula 1 Pool Rules
1. You need to be an active member of the Forumula1.com forum.
2. Picks for each finishing position need to be unique, no nominating the same driver for multiple finishing positions, measures have been taken to stop this practice.
3. All picks need to be submitted before the start of the parade/installation lap at the beginning of the race on Sunday, no exceptions will be made.
4. All picks are final, do not submit your picks until you are 100% happy with your choices.
5. Picks can be submitted by using the form at forumula1pool.com/predictions/ or by sending a private message to myownalias on forumula1.com/forum/
6. New players can join the game at any time by submitting their forum username and picks at forumula1pool.com/predictions/ or by sending a PM to myownalias on the forum.

How to Play
You pick (guess) the top 10 finishing positions in advance and you get the same points as the drivers matched, there are 101 total points available for each round. For example, if you picked correctly for positions 2 and 5, you will earn 28 points, it really is that simple! Any questions? PM myownalias at the Forumula1.com forum.

The full list of drivers and pool codes are as follows:

VET - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
WEB - Mark Webber (Red Bull)
ALO - Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
MAS - Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
BUT - Jenson Button (McLaren)
PER - Sergio Perez (McLaren)
RAI - Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)
GRO - Romain Grosjean (Lotus)
ROS - Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
HAM - Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
HUL - Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber)
GUT - Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber)
DIR - Paul Di Resta (Force India)
SUT - Adrian Sutil (Force India)
MAL - Pastor Maldonado (Williams)
BOT - Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
RIC - Daniel Ricciardo (STR)
VER - Jean-Eric Vergne (STR)
PIC - Charles Pic (Caterham)
VDG - Giedo van der Garde (Caterham)
BIA - Jules Bianchi (Marussia)
CHI - Max Chilton (Marussia)

Good luck everyone, I'm hoping for an even better season than last year!
Yay. This has brightened my day MOA. Thank you. :)

I was going to say exactly the same!

MOA, you did such a fine job of running this last season, looking forward to being part of it again. I finished 5th in 2011 and 2nd last year. I know what I'm aiming for this time round! :D
By Hammer278
I'll have a go this year...so we can wait till the race almost starts before making predictions?? Okay not too easy this year, but better than most games out there when it has to be done before qualifying. :)
I'll have a go this year...so we can wait till the race almost starts before making predictions?? Okay not too easy this year, but better than most games out there when it has to be done before qualifying. :)

Great to have you on board mate :thumbup:

It's just about predicting the top 10 for each race. Naturally, I wait until after qualifying to submit my picks, as most people do. The deadline is just before the race starts.

If I remember correctly, very few people scored anything after Melbourne last year :hehe:
Predicting the top ten in the EXACT place. Otherwise you score bupkus. Lotta goose eggs for lotta people. And no, don't wait till just before the race, be kind to our pool host. The rules state that up until the installation lap but the guy has to watch the race, not watch for your submitted entry. :whip:

He's even nice enough to remind the 'stragglers' .
By andrew
If I remember correctly, very few people scored anything after Melbourne last year :hehe:

I was one of the lucky few and scored a 3rd place.
By stonemonkey
Looking forward to this again, hopefully it's gonna be another year that's tough to guess.
Looking forward to this again, hopefully it's gonna be another year that's tough to guess.

Cheers to that! :thumbup::drink:
By RyRy
MOA could you set up a reminder system for the forgetful like myself so it reminds us via email post qualifying and if they still forget maybe also 1 hour before the race?
By myownalias
MOA could you set up a reminder system for the forgetful like myself so it reminds us via email post qualifying and if they still forget maybe also 1 hour before the race?

I guess I could PM everyone that has registered for the pool sometime after Q; if you have notifications on; it'll Email you saying you have a new PM!

Registration will be making your first selection, which will add you to the active list of players, then I can just write a mass PM to remind everyone!
By racechick
My own you are a STAR! Doing this! It's cool, even though I do crap. Since i do crap anyway, I'm going to try a new technique this year, well for this race any way. I'm not waiting for quali, Im putting in my predictions tonight! :yikes: Yes tonight! What a daring young thing I am. So now I'm off to work them out :wavey:
By RyRy

I guess I could PM everyone that has registered for the pool sometime after Q; if you have notifications on; it'll Email you saying you have a new PM!

Registration will be making your first selection, which will add you to the active list of players, then I can just write a mass PM to remind everyone!

Well, for me that would be more than fine but if they have already done their selections they wont want to be nagged via PM also some might not want to be pmed anyway so an opt-in system or opt-out maybe or just a simple old fashioned "Formula 1 Pool Notification List" which is could be a public post in this sub-forum were people can request to be PM'ed but again we come into the issue of what if they've already done their selections.

One idea would be a "Formula 1 Pool 2013 - Default Selections" where by if someone misses a race/fails to submit their order then a default order (top 10) from their post will be used which they could update any time during the season by posting again and their old post be edited by a moderator to be striked through... & if they don't have a post at all then it will use their last used order from the previous race (obviously this part would not work for the first race)

I'm sure most people will submit on this first race but it's something what could maybe be thrown in prior to the next race?

@Racechick you're ballsy submitting right now :P lol
By stonemonkey
My own you are a STAR! Doing this! It's cool, even though I do crap. Since i do crap anyway, I'm going to try a new technique this year, well for this race any way. I'm not waiting for quali, Im putting in my predictions tonight! :yikes: Yes tonight! What a daring young thing I am. So now I'm off to work them out :wavey:

That's how I started off last year, I think for the first couple of races I didn't realise I could wait till after quali to make my picks. :blush:
I think a reminder in thread which is how MOA has been doing it already is probably enough. Have some responsibility dammit! If you're shitfaced drunk then you deserve to miss the GP picks. :whip: It's volunteer time here, wouldn't want to make it a job.

See our F1 related articles too!