FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By andrew
Welcome to the best F1 forum on the planet; we're a pretty easy going bunch of fanatics, I think we have a good cross-section of F1 fans on this forum!

Looking forward to hearing your views on the forum! :wavey:

Thank you! Seems like a good place. Planet F1's not me cup 'o tea, and I don't think I understand CFD well enough to hang out at Technical (insert emoticon with dunce cap). I'll be happy to share my well considered (but likely wrong) opinion with all willing to listen.

Planet F1's too big and Technical is ok as long as you can work Wikipedia.

So you support a different driver each year? I strongly recommend supporting Vettel. :thumbup:
By SoCalWJS
Welcome to the best F1 forum on the planet; we're a pretty easy going bunch of fanatics, I think we have a good cross-section of F1 fans on this forum!

Thank you! Seems like a good place. Planet F1's not me cup 'o tea, and I don't think I understand CFD well enough to hang out at Technical (insert emoticon with dunce cap). I'll be happy to share my well considered (but likely wrong) opinion with all willing to listen.

So you support a different driver each year? I strongly recommend supporting Vettel. :thumbup:

Actually, I usually support whoever's got the best chance of beating Seb.... :twisted:

Time for a new Champion. :D
By racechick

Actually, I usually support whoever's got the best chance of beating Seb.... :twisted:

Yeah , Lewis :D

Agree about technical things....I try but get lost :hehe: Yo will be fine here! Welcome to our forum :thumbup:
By racechick
Nah Lewis again. He should have more than one!
By SoCalWJS

Agree about technical things....I try but get lost :hehe: Yo will be fine here! Welcome to our forum :thumbup:

It would be nice to see Lewis making a strong run at WC, but unless Mecedes pulls a rabbit out of it's hat........

Hoping Alonso is at least in contention until the bitter end (let's face it, having Ferrari contending is good for F1 on the world stage) along with at least one surprise from one of the middle tier teams (Sauber or Williams). Lotus could be a righteous contender based on last year, so I don't think they'd be a big surprise. Force India? Not sure......

It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all for RB racing to fall on it's face for a year :D
By racechick

It would be nice to see Lewis making a strong run at WC, but unless Mecedes pulls a rabbit out of it's hat........

Would you call Wolff or Lowe a rabbit? I know Paddy's only half out of the hat at the moment...........
By bud
Even if he does go his influence won't be felt till 2014 RC. Hate to see the Lewis fans excitement if rumours of Newey to Merc were about... :twisted:
By racechick
And you wouldn't be excited if Newey was going back to Mclaren? Surely any team would be excited to get Newey, be foolish not to.

Regarding Lowe, i know that,what you said.
He may be useful though on developing a car through the season, Mclaren have been good at that and Merc not so good.
By SoCalWJS
Definitely gotta wait until the dust settles with respect to Wolff and Lowe at Mercedes. If it's to get a second design team under way for 2014, it could be interesting.

.....if it's for this year, the phrase "Too many Chef's ruin the soup" comes to mind.
By racechick
Yeah agree. My worry is, there are too many big egos in there. Fingers crossed it will work out .. But Lauda :yikes: ????
But they do appear serious, which is good .
I like Brawn and don't want him sidelined. Don't know much about Wolff, except he's stumping up money...which is good. Yikes this is a weird thing going on. I hope it's for the good of Mercedes but have a slight fear that a political game might be going on.

See our F1 related articles too!