FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
It was suggested by someone, and I can't recall who... that an alternate way of assigning points would be to pick a driver for a position and then you get deducted the points difference for inaccuracies. In other words, everyone starts out with 101 points, so if you pick Rosberg for 6th and he finishes 9th then you get the difference taken away from your 101 points. So 10-2=8. Conversely if you pic Di Resta for 9th an he finishes 6th then you have you have 2-10= -8 so basically you're paying for the difference in inaccuracy. The best score is still if you pic the right finish order, but if you pick someone for 4th and they finish 5th you take much less of a hit than if that person DNFs or if they finish 1st.
Also, not to sound cheesy or anything, but when I view posts made by fellow pool pals in other areas of the forum, I feel like we're "special friends" who have this little secret :hehe:

Says the woman who's winning. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your temporary lead monpetit... it's not over yet. :whip:
I agree more with SennaVille here. Let's just keep it simple. That's the beauty of the game, and it's what will encourage people to come and play it. A vastly complicated set of rules serves only to detract rather than entertain.
Simple game for simple minds. :D

Are you making a boastful claim that next year you're sure to win? :hehe:
By smokin
We've got to go bigger and better next year with this. There is another fantasy league that a lot of the members participated in at the beginning of the year, but it's a set it an forget it type of thing so it hardly even gets discussed. The fun in this is week in and week out... So think about it ya'll.

It's the ONE consistent thread on this forum that doesn't always turn into an argument. :twisted:

We could probably do with shifting the emphasis away from accurately picking the winner to accurately picking all down the field. Picking the top positions should give the best rewards but maybe a change to the points awarded. Say, 10 down to 1 instead of following the race points.

Did a test of picking last year's final championship positions for every race. Anyone who did that would have 497 - well in excess of SennaVille's total - with Vettel's wins heavily biasing the score; almost half the total, 45% to be exact. Changing to 10 to 1 would reduce that bias and would allow others correctly picking lower positions to catch up more easily.

Smokin, I've been doing this pool for years, and everybody has a suggestion on how it can be improved (right, wishy?). The amount of changes that could have been made over the years because of suggestions by members would change the game completely. I love the simplicity of it, and want to keep it that way.

If it ain't broke....

That's 'cos you're winning.

(OK,OK and I'm "wining".)
By smokin
Checked out my theory about changing the points giving everyone a better chance and....

...it makes no difference. SV's still way out in the lead. :rolleyes:
Checked out my theory about changing the points giving everyone a better chance and....

If you're talking about Sebastian Vettel, I agree but if you're talking about SennaVille... she's still well within my striking range. :whip:
By smokin

If you're talking about Sebastian Vettel, I agree but if you're talking about SennaVille... she's still well within my striking range. :whip:

As you are in mine, WB. :whip:

Watch your back.

As you are in mine, WB. :whip:

Watch your back.

My rear is getting loose. :twisted:
By smokin

I'll take care to make it a "clean" pass, then. :wink:
By smokin

I'll take care to make it a "clean" pass, then. :wink:

If that's the prime I'll take the option compound.

See our F1 related articles too!