FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Hi all.

This is my first post here. I am too, just like some of you, curious about entering the world of Formula 1. It feels funny to say that at this time because seeing the recession scenario and teams pulling out of F1 and cutting jobs, we would be fool to expect an entry into this world.

But nonetheless, if you have a dream, you should go fulfill it. I need some advise from all you guys here and i come here with lots of hopes.

I am a mechanical engineer who is currently pursuing MBA in international business marketing. Completed my first year of the two year course.
I want to know what are the opportunities for me, if any, to enter the world of F1, or motor sports in general as a manager. Again by manager, i don't mean a top notch one, but even a starting level manager would be fine.

I have searched and searched and searched but unable to find any resource that can help me with this regard. Directly mailing to any organization hasn't been fruitful, with most of them replying back neutrally. I want to know if any of you can help me with it, as in how can i go about it, should i start emailing my cv/resume from now itself to land up a job for next year(when i complete my MBA). The downside is that i have no work-ex but what i have is pure blooded passion for motorsports. I hope i can get help from all you guys out here in this forum.

Thanks and Regards.
By Gaz
buy a copy of autosport and look in the jobs section.

also theres a website called MotosportJobs.com which would also be a good place to start.
Hey

Im 14 as well and i'm hoping to do the same :D. I have been told that we need to get A or A* in our math A or A* in Chem and Physics. I am already getting an A* in math and Physics and a A in Chem.

I'm mostly interested in the aero side of F1 so i have done loads of reading on it (yes thats how sad i am).

But mainly we need to aim for a good Uni and then go for a proper qualification and only then will the teams consider us.

Hope to see u in the pits one day :wink:
i passed all my exams and have been accepted for interveiw with force india :D and if i dont get that ive got an interveiw for f2 :D.............just need to get to mclaren now :)
i passed all my exams and have been accepted for interveiw with force india :D and if i dont get that ive got an interveiw for f2 :D.............just need to get to mclaren now :)

AWESOME new's mate :thumbup: !!!!! Best of luck to you :yes: .

tex

tex

cheers mate :D thank you very much :thumbup::yes::D

tex

cheers mate :D thank you very much :thumbup::yes::D

hey

i hope you dont mind me asking but what are your qualifications?
well ive worked on car since i was about 11/12 and spent pritty much every moment when i wasnt at school or out with my friends , taking cars to bits and then putting them back together :)

so i went to the local college and i have a B in automotive engineering at a btec(which im told ='s the same as 3 a levels)

AND I HAVE A'S AND a B from motorsport engineering and race mechanics at the national college of motorsport at silverstone :thumbup:
AND I HAVE A'S AND a B from motorsport engineering and race mechanics at the national college of motorsport at silverstone :thumbup:

Nice one, are they the equivalent of A Levels? I'll probably see you in the F1 paddock/garages in a couple of years, hopefully anyway!! :wavey::thumbup: Although i don't think i'd end up at McLaren... :P

Nice one, are they the equivalent of A Levels? I'll probably see you in the F1 paddock/garages in a couple of years, hopefully anyway!! :wavey::thumbup: Although i don't think i'd end up at McLaren... :P

im not to sure mate to be honest , i was told in my local college my automotive engineering course was worth 3 A levels :)
so i think these ones do to , i gotta go back in to weeks for a leaving day , so im gonna ask then :)

cheers mate and yeah hopefully :D
The question is... just to be an F1 mechanic or go further.... by F1 mechanic you could get anything from cleaning wheels to .... working on the cars, helping on the suspension side, installation of engine and gearboxes.... or wheel changing... if you are muscular enough....

Education: get the best possible grades for college, go for Motorsport.... either tech or mechanic...... technical will give greater scope. become a Marshall at your local circuit.. and ask to do pit lane duty.... and get to know the teams and the mechanics....Watch the teams, how they work, who does what and the age groups of the senior guys... if you are writing a CV ... don't copy the standard one that colleges and Uni tell you to write..... make sure it reflects you..... and is informative and eye catching. Question, how do you make it stand out from the others?

The number of CV's that land on desks and just get filed under B ( for bin) because they are the standard format.

Back to Education, from college.. Uni... pick the course appropriate to your need... engineering, gearbox design, engine and metallurgy... if you get through college with decent pass marks. Talk to the tutor, the tutors I've met have good contacts with teams.... at all levels. but ensure you are knowledgeable and informed.

Work towards getting into the team of your choice, watch for the opportunity. Be aware, be polite and don't go into chatterbox mode.

By the way, the money is crap to start with.
I'm going for Aerospace since i have a passion for Aerodynamics, but that is quite specialized i already have back up universities like TUFTS and Kings College in case i dont get into MIT or Imperial.

See our F1 related articles too!