FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By gdh
F1 is not the pinnacle of on track racing no matter how much the mktg dept pushes that. Yes it is the pinnacle of $ spent but the on track product is a colossal bore! A friend was half joking that maybe a Mercedes should let Ferrari or Red Bull win a few to manufacture a competitive looking league. He’s been a huge Hamilton/Mercedes fan but has lost interest in it. I wouldn’t pay extra to stream it if TSN stopped carrying it. We have it on in the background while getting things done on Sat & Sun mornings, won’t bother with it when the races are on in the afternoons. We found the NFL college draft more exciting, never thought we’d ever say that. I hope that the other teams can find a magic update that will level the field and make for highly competitive racing where even Williams can challenge for the top podium place. Let’s hope that an actual race breaks out tmw.
By overboost
By overboost
Interesting seeing Hamilton loosing to his #2 teammate which is the story of the race. The after race panel discussions though completely avoided the topic instead still focusing on Ferrari being the fastest back in the preseason and being beaten by the slower Merc for 4 races now (ps. Noboby thinks Merc are the slower team!). Now had Leclerc beaten Vettel in the same circumstances it would be a lead story for the next two weeks, but not a peep from the esteemed Brit panel of experts re: Bottas vs Hamilton.

Not a very exciting race, hope the next one is better.
By gdh
That was the most bored looking podium I think that I’ve ever seen. Merc - yup 1/2, Vettel - yup 3. I guess we should spray each other with the champagne. Not many fans stuck around either. 3 points of interest 1) the first few corners at the start with LH battling Bottas, 2) Ricc backing into DK, 3) the final few laps with LH fighting for the lead. After the 2nd lap I started pondering the possibility of a Merc 1/2 for every venue.

Last edited by gdh on 29 Apr 19, 14:10, edited 2 times in total.
By John Doe
F1 lost the excitement after new Qualifying session format. Now you don't need to watch full QF session, just watch the final 2-3 minutes and that is all.

Also with just 1 (seldom 2) pits just to change tyres, it is almost 0 excitement. I really miss the days of Mika and Schumi.
By myownalias
What a shocking result today.... oh, no, that's right, it was another :censored: Mercedes 1-2. I'm a little happier that it was Bottas winning the inter-team battle, but lack of pace from Ferrari for the fourth race in a row leaves me feeling dismayed. Guess it's time for another team principle at Maranello, that's Ferrari's usual solution to their poor performance.

The midfield battle was half decent, Ricciardo's dive and subsequent reverse into Kvyat were amusing, I feel Ricciardo is getting frustrated by the lack of performance by Renault. I love seeing Bottas fighting Hamilton hard, and thankfully no team orders so far, let's hope it stays that way. and finally, let's say I'm not hopeful for the remainder of the season.
By overboost
Upgrade for Ricciardo:

By arnoldc
Yeah. Kvyat offered to buy Ricciardo a set of mirrors. Great dropping a dime there.
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost

See our F1 related articles too!