FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Found a good site or want to plug your own? For regulars only.
The Forum Queen has kindly given me permission to subject you, the good people of Forumula1.com to my F1 writings.

Formula 1 home on myBLOG-online

US Grand Prix in Austin, TX dead in the water

"Just a few weeks after the announcement that a second Grand Prix in the United States would be held in New Jersey, overlooking New York, Bernie Ecclestone announces that the Austin Grand Prix faces the axe over contracts and guarantees of funding! But I think that there is more to it than that, Ecclestone has made it no secret that he wanted a race in New York and now that he has one, NJ is just across the Hudson river, suddenly Austin has fallen by the wayside!"

Continue Reading...

I'll post new blogs about F1 here in this thread as I write them, hope you enjoy!

Feel free to comment below or comment on myBLOG-Online.
Vettel breaks Nigel Mansell’s 19 year old qualifying record!

Sebastian Vettel claimed his 15th pole position of the 2011 season at Interlagos, Brazil overtaking Nigel Mansell who scored 14 poles in a single season all the way back in 1992 during his world championship winning year in the Williams FW14B. Red Bull locked out the front row with Mark Webber setting a time 0.181 seconds slower than his world champion team-mate after a battle for second with McLaren’s Jenson Button. The Briton eventually having to settle for third on the grid ahead of team mate Lewis Hamilton who will line up alongside Button on the second row.

Continue Reading...
Webber wins Brazilian GP as Vettel suffers gearbox woes!

Mark Webber has won the Brazilian Grand Prix in what many consider to be a stage managed Red Bull 1 – 2, under the guise of Sebastian Vettel suffering from gearbox issues. I am not so convinced that there is any conspiracy, yes it looks bad especially as Vettel had a brand new gearbox (according to the BBC’s Ted Kravitz) for this race because of his retirement in Abu Dhabi and given Vettel’s drive to chase as many records as possible, I can’t see him voluntarily deferring to his Australian team-mate. Although saying that Vettel couldn’t beat or equal Michael Schumacher’s 2004 record of 13 race wins in a single season after his Abu Dhabi retirement so it’s a possibility that he’d hand Webber his only 2011 win! But flipping the coin again, there is no need to use such cloak and dagger methods given that team orders are 100% legal from 2011 onwards.

Continue Reading...
Webber wins Brazilian GP as Vettel suffers gearbox woes!

Mark Webber has won the Brazilian Grand Prix in what many consider to be a stage managed Red Bull 1 – 2, under the guise of Sebastian Vettel suffering from gearbox issues. I am not so convinced that there is any conspiracy, yes it looks bad especially as Vettel had a brand new gearbox (according to the BBC’s Ted Kravitz) for this race because of his retirement in Abu Dhabi and given Vettel’s drive to chase as many records as possible, I can’t see him voluntarily deferring to his Australian team-mate. Although saying that Vettel couldn’t beat or equal Michael Schumacher’s 2004 record of 13 race wins in a single season after his Abu Dhabi retirement so it’s a possibility that he’d hand Webber his only 2011 win! But flipping the coin again, there is no need to such cloak and dagger methods given that team orders are 100% legal from 2011 onwards.

Continue Reading...

It could have been to appease MW as he has stated multiple times that he's against team orders. So they came up with a scam to save his face. I wonder whether he gets to see the telemetry data that corroborates their gear box story? :twisted:
It could have been to appease MW as he has stated multiple times that he's against team orders. So they came up with a scam to save his face. I wonder whether he gets to see the telemetry data that corroborates their gear box story? :twisted:

Are you meaning to say that Christian Horner favours or is in love with Webber and this race result was predetermined before the start? :yikes::wink:

:hehe:

Are you meaning to say that Christian Horner favours or is in love with Webber and this race result was predetermined before the start? :yikes::wink:

Sort of Whitmarshesque, init? :hehe:

Sort of Whitmarshesque, init? :hehe:

It is but do we need a thread for it with page upon page of speculation?

Sorry to derail your thread like this MOA.
Sorry to derail your thread like this MOA.

I expect no less from you Andrew... just as well you don't work on the railway (you don't do you?)... with all your derailings... ;):P

And besides it's obvious that Vettel moving aside is just returning the favour for Webber not overtaking him at the British GP :hehe:
The Death of FOTA: Ferrari & Red Bull leave teams association!

Ferrari and Red Bull have announced their intention to leave Formula One Teams’ Association (FOTA). We know that Bernie Ecclestone doesn’t like the teams association as the teams have power in numbers, with a fractured FOTA, Bernie can manipulate the situation for his own needs better. Yes, I am suggesting that Ecclestone might well have had a hand in Ferrari and Red Bull’s decision to quit FOTA! A larger slice of the financial pie if they leave the teams association?

Continue Reading...
F1 comings and goings in the drivers market.

The 2011 F1 season is over and done with, now it’s time to sort out the drivers market. As I write this there are only two possible spots available with Williams and HRT while there are eight drivers looking for a drive. Bruno Senna, Vitaly Petrov, Rubens Barrichello, Jaime Alguersuari, Sebastien Buemi, Adrian Sutil, Jerome D’Ambrosio and Vitantonio Liuzzi are without a contract!

Continue Reading...
Senna: The Movie

I have just finished watching the Senna Movie, which I found on Netflix last night. A lot of people I know either personally or throughout the websphere have raved about the movie and after watching the documentary style movie, I can understand why, brilliant insight into Ayrton Senna and Formula 1 as it was through the late 80s/early 90s under FIA president Jean-Marie Balestre.

Continue Reading...
A nice read there MOA. :) Being only 21, I was too young to remember Ayrton, so all I knew was acquired from books and the TV. But this film was very enlightening indeed, and quite emotional.

Thanks :) normally I avoid motorsports movies like the plague as most are truly awful but I was surprised by how engrossed and touched I was by the Senna movie, so much I didn't know as I only got into F1 at the tail end of Senna's life, seeing all the behind the scenes stuff along with the way that Senna was screwed over by then FIA president Balestre. It does go a long way to explain the reasons behind Senna's actions at the Japanese Grand Prix in 1990.
2012 F1 driver roster set in stone or is it?

Italian Jarno Trulli who was under contract for Caterham (formerly Team Lotus) for the 2012 season suddenly finds himself without a drive for 2012; being dropped by Caterham will probably mean the end of his 14 year F1 career. He is being replaced by former Lotus Renault (formerly Renault) driver Vitaly Petrov, which is seen as a money deal as Petrov isn’t exactly the greatest driver on the grid, there are far better drivers also out of contract, Adrian Sutil for example!

Continue Reading...
Hamilton leads McLaren 1 – 2 in Melbourne Qualifying

The Red Bull dominance of 2011 is definitely over with Mark Webber back in fifth and Sebastian Vettel in sixth, 7/10ths of a second behind pole sitter, Lewis Hamilton’s time of 1:24.922. Jenson Button came within striking distance of Lewis’ time but a small mistake robbed him of a chance of pole. Surprise of the day is Roman Grosjean putting his Lotus in third spot on the grid tomorrow!

Continue Reading...

See our F1 related articles too!