FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
After coments such as this:

Q: Is Ferrari more important for Formula One than other teams?
MM: Yes because it holds a historically important position, as the team has been involved in Formula One since 1950.

and this:

Q: So you are intellectually, socially and personally closer to him [Luca di Montezemolo] than to Ron Dennis?
MM: That is probably correct as I know Luca longer and therefore better than Ron. Indeed I’ve known Ron since 1970, but I became really acquainted with him at the end of the eighties, whereas I have known Luca very well since the beginning of the seventies.

Is it time the FIA had someone that is totally unbiased as its president?
By texasmr2
Charlie I agree that it is time that the FIA select a new 'head honcho'. There is truth to his comment though about the importance Ferrari has in F1 but so doe's every other team past and present. Even for this Ferrari fan that is just to biased
By Woodchip
Paul Stoddart (or maybe Tom Walkinshaw as he's been involved in so many forms of racing)!
By raithrover
Max can only take F1 so far and it is overdue that he moves on. Hopefully a new person in this role will improve the sport and be one of the main changes this season. However knowing people in power, he'll probably have to be pushed before he goes.
By bud
every team should be treated evenly no matter what or where they have come from or how long they have been in the sport! and coming from the president of the governing body that is scary!
By texasmr2
Paul Stoddart (or maybe Tom Walkinshaw as he's been involved in so many forms of racing)!

I have alway's like Tom Walkinshaw and loved his SILKCUT Jaguar's:

By Ruby
It's almost Thunderbird-esque :D
By bud
You know Bernie Ecclestone could pass for a thunderbird
By Woodchip
You know Bernie Ecclestone could pass for a thunderbird
What, Bernie's got an empty head? How could you make such accusations?

Actually....
By 7UpJordan

I have alway's like Tom Walkinshaw and loved his SILKCUT Jaguar's:

I remember seeing pictures of those Jags in my dad's old Motorsport magazines when I was a kid, it was a sexual looking car, silk cut by name, silk cut by nature. I though silk cut was some kind of chocolate too... I miss tobacco sponsorship.
By texasmr2
I remember watching and man you should hear the sweet music they played!
By Martin
I absolutely agree Charlie, I only signed up yesterday and my post quotes the same interview during my point about Ferrari / Mclaren story (see 'Spy Story')
Moseleys position is untenable @ FIA now following this interview.
I am astonished at the number of people, who have a real interest in F1 (as opposed to those who will only support the winners and are blinded by celebrity & glamour and know naff all about the sport really). Who dislike Ferrari as a team. It seems that their only fans are the glory hunters and Max Moseley.
By texasmr2
It seems that their only fans are the glory hunters and Max Moseley.

There is alot of truth in that Martin but there are also those of us, like myself, who have loved Ferrari for many many year's thus lies our support of them thru thick and then.

See our F1 related articles too!