Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost
Manhole cover destroys Williams underfloor, etc and ends practice 1:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/48065053

By arnoldc
Yep.

Let me count the ways I dislike a street circuit. Beginning with manhole covers. I can add recovery vehicle/crane incidents to that list now.
By myownalias
I hadn't watched any of the practice sessions this weekend, so I went back and watched the highlights of FP1 and just wow, what a shambles.

I wonder if Williams has a case for financial reimbursement for damage as the FIA clearly did not do their job to ensure the track was safe. Williams have enough challenges without having to replace the entire floor of the car, which also excludes them from FP2, losing even more setup/development time.
By overboost
By darwin dali
So this quali turned out to be like the one I'd expected for the inaugural race. Back then however, everybody seemed to be more cautious and it worked out fine. Now it seems the drivers lost some of their respect for the dangers of this circuit and are pushing the envelope a bit too hard. Curious how it will turn out tomorrow...
By arnoldc
Puzzles me how Turn 8 got FIA Grade One certification for F1. At speed, even in my KIA, it is like threading a needle blindfolded.

See how it shakes out, but it is possible Williams will hold Kubica's car out of the race and save spares for Spain, which is closer to home to swap out and re-place broken parts and plug in a whole new spare car from the #2 back-up at Williams HQ (They must have one there, right?).

Fingers crossed all the drivers make it through the race without injury and incur minimal further damage to the cars. This is one to forget, and it hasn't even happened yet...

Cheers, mates.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 27 Apr 19, 21:32, edited 2 times in total.
By overboost
I find that Leclerc is a bit fragile emotionally when things go wrong.
By myownalias
Another disappointment, Ferrari 3/10 off the pace again, another 1 - 2 for Mercedes, in what was supposed to be a Ferrari track. It's truly hard to keep myself motivated to keep watching, especially after that marathon qualifying session. My renewal for F1 TV is up next week, do I really want to pay another $80 to watch F1 for the remainder of the season. F1 is about the midfield battle, the battle for the titles is a joke, we've had one team dominating for the past ten years, whether it be, Red Bull or Mercedes, it's a :censored: snorefest.

See our F1 related articles too!