FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By overboost
By arnoldc
Looking to be a magnificent spectacle. Anxious to [virtually] attend my first Abu Dhabi F1 event.

Disappointing in another way, though. Just read Sergey Sirotkin lost his seat with Williams for 2019. Looks like he will not have a ride for 2019. Too bad. Lot of talent there in my opinion.

Fortunately, Minichamps has released a die-cast Williams FW41/Sirotkin model in 1:43. It was on my long buy list before this announcement. Now it moves up to the short list.

But, back on topic. Apologize to OP for the drift off-topic. Be watching to see if Team Williams can put a car into Q3 for this final event of the year. That would mark an accomplishment for them and give them impetus going into 2019.
By overboost
By overboost
Practice 2 results:

By arnoldc
Missed out on FP1. Time difference and all. Missed my wake up call. Was anxious to see how Kubica handled sitting in for Sirotkin. Did hear some of his encouraging radio chatter on the FP1 review.

RE: Remeikis via overboost, above, "Hartleys last lap in F1". Oh, I hope not. Like the lad and have already tagged him for my 2019 fantasy Williams-Houston team.

Ocon getting retained as reserve driver for Mercedes is a smart move, in my opinion. Now, to get Sirotkin on board as reserve for Williams and I will be one happy F1 fan.
By overboost
arnoldc, here is the FP1 results and a video of Kubica's lap https://streamable.com/iy1ns.

By arnoldc
Cool beans, ob. Thanks for the FP1 data sheet. Helped me fill in missing data for my fantasy team tracking.

Vid is great. Whew. One heck of a circuit. Cheers.
By overboost
By arnoldc
All righty then. Field is set. Alarm here jangles at 5:00 A.M. local. Brew a pot of coffee and settle into the man cave for ABU. Gonna be a good one.

See our F1 related articles too!