FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For all your expert predictions
Just realised I forgot to place any bets :shock:

BTW, who selected the Lewis to beat Jenson one, this weekend? :hehe:

I was questioning it a few days ago. I don't think Mercedes nor Mclaren have anything to brag about this weekend. I went the Vettel, Alonso, Kimi podium myself. Damn you Massaaaa!
Ohhh... just realized I'm going to be happy when they post results this week. I think.

All of my drivers finished at or above their Q performance, Jean Eric Vergne is my talent drivers and Red Bull is my team. I can never really understand the scoring values of this game but let's see what happens when the results are posted.

Ooops... never mind. :blush:
I must have changed RedBull for Ferrari a race ago. Not a good move for Monaco. :hehe:
I can't even remember who my drivers are!

Damn! And I forgot to do the Hamilton to beat Button bet! :banghead::banghead:
It won't let me look at page one of our own little league. I'm on page two.
After not looking at this for a month or so, I checked in last night. Found myself in 9th place, roughly where I left. It seems that the same strategies that worked last year will not work this year, so I put together this spreadsheet to determine the best value assets (points per million dollars of value, AKA "Bang for Buck"). Some of you may find it interesting. A couple things I noticed (for brevity, when I say "value" I mean high points-per-dollar/bang-for-buck):

• Reliable drivers will get you the most points per dollar. Raikkonnen, Bottas, Pic, and Vettel are the highest value assets to have since they finish consistently. Don't be afraid to invest in backmarkers to save some cash for other improvements.
  • While backmarker drivers may be a good value, backmarker teams and engines are not. Even the least valuable driver (MAL) is better than backmarker teams/engines.
  • Engines are generally the least valuable assets to have. Every Engine earns less points per dollar than the corresponding team does (except Caterham). So invest more money in your team than your engine.
Thanks for putting that together. Through some trial and error I'd come to the same conclusion as to the back marker drivers, but a DNF is a killer points wise, two of your drivers DNFing and you've got an insurmountable deficit. I had not done the math on the engine versus team but suspected as such and spent my money accordingly. It's good to see the numbers.

The problem this year seems to be being choice locked where it's next to impossible to make a meaningful upgrade and you're left almost trying to guess which driver to dump for that week because you think they're going to have a DNF. It's also extremely costly to swap resources having to pay the "tax" making it even more difficult to change between races.
After not looking at this for a month or so, I checked in last night. Found myself in 9th place, roughly where I left. It seems that the same strategies that worked last year will not work this year, so I put together this spreadsheet to determine the best value assets (points per million dollars of value, AKA "Bang for Buck"). Some of you may find it interesting. A couple things I noticed (for brevity, when I say "value" I mean high points-per-dollar/bang-for-buck):

• Reliable drivers will get you the most points per dollar. Raikkonnen, Bottas, Pic, and Vettel are the highest value assets to have since they finish consistently. Don't be afraid to invest in backmarkers to save some cash for other improvements.
  • While backmarker drivers may be a good value, backmarker teams and engines are not. Even the least valuable driver (MAL) is better than backmarker teams/engines.
  • Engines are generally the least valuable assets to have. Every Engine earns less points per dollar than the corresponding team does (except Caterham). So invest more money in your team than your engine.

This is useful info. I really need to save some money now, and I MUST remember to bet!!!

See our F1 related articles too!